GAP is currently being retained to recruit a Finance Director/CFO role based in West Yorkshire offering not only equity but a chance to become part of a well invested business that is about to embark on an accelerated growth strategy. Operating within the supply chain and distribution space, the business has demonstrated organic growth and sustainability, strong working capital whilst retaining and growing a pivotal and strong board team that is paused to deliver this new growth strategy. With the hands-on support from the businesses PE-partner, the role of Finance Director/CFO will not only help define the three to four-year strategy but also support a strong finance team in their development and delivery of the accounting packs. The FD/CFO who will report to the CEO whilst maintaining a close link with the PE Partners.
As FD/CFO this role will be heavily leant upon for strategic direction and delivery of plan. Key deliverables must be met to not only maintain investment but also on securing an ambitious exit strategy should this become an option down the line. Previous exposure within a PE-backed business would be ideal as would a proven track record in improving EBITDA in the face of recent economic turmoil. The role will be very operationally focused on growing the business first and foremost and although less so, will also be capable of reassuring the board that the correct controls and financial stewardship are in place to support this. The role will also take responsibility for the following tasks:
- Commercial financial modelling and delivery of this to non-financial stakeholders
- Overseeing preparation of P&L, Balance sheet and cash flows on a monthly basis for Board and investor purposes.
- Overseeing production and analysis of year-end financial accounts
- Overseeing and monitoring all company expenditure and where appropriate, challenging budget holders to ensure better delivery of the numbers.
- Work in partnership with operational and divisional heads by delivering a visible approach in helping the board not only run the business but deliver on set objectives.
- Working closely with the MD/CEO and PE-partners to develop strategic direction and champion a strong leadership team
- Leading a small, but highly competent finance team
- Take ownership of the banking relationship including any future refinancing
Essentially, this role is targeting a qualified ACMA/ACA/ACCA accountant with post qualified experience likely at FD or CFO level. They must be able to demonstrate an ability to build strong collaborative relationships, possess good analytical, interpersonal leadership and communication skills and have past exposure and understanding of Private Equity backed businesses. It is also a given to be able to demonstrate decisiveness and sound judgement on a consistent basis and be operationally and strategically focused.
There is a compelling need for a strong leader with vision, and great market awareness to be a significant contributor in ensuring delivery of plan alongside the board. Few challenges come with such a lucrative reward and equity option. Gifford and Partners is shortlisting this role for interview now and would be keen to hear from specific individuals that match and exceed the above brief.