General business overview;
Gifford and Partners have been retained by a prestigious Leeds based employer to appoint a Commercial Finance Analyst into this dynamic and well-respected team. This will be a new role to the business as a result of a new workstream that will require commercial incite, MI reporting and business partnering with key operational stakeholders. It will work hand in hand with finance and the wider business engaging with senior stakeholders, management teams and the board.
About the role;
This key appointment will become central to ensuring existing commercial initiatives are being delivered, performance metrics are being hit and accelerated and new initiatives are being correctly evaluated ensuring critical risks are being flagged and ultimately capable of driving value. Other responsibilities will include and not be limited to:
- Provide financial modelling and analysis ensuring streamlining of processes, accuracy of data, analytical insight and reporting consistency. Models should be user friendly and capable of driving commercial incite and add value to commercial decision making.
- Drive financial support to the business via the production and distribution of operational reports ensuring the data is timely accurate and insightful.
- Driving efficiency improvements
- Delivering MI reporting to tight deadlines and contractual obligations
- Involvement with troubleshooting report queries
Who is this role targeting;
Ideally targeting a newly qualified ACMA/ACCA/ACA with at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role. Consideration will be given to non-qualified applicants but will need to be data and information savvy, produce accurate reports and models whilst demonstrating a strong initiative and work ethic. Adopting a change hungry approach, the role will require you to have an inquisitive nature whilst maintaining excellent communication skills and a ‘can-do’ attitude and capable of presenting to key stakeholders. Other attributes that are encouraged include;
- Ability to collect, mine, analyse and communicate complex data
- Strong knowledge and experience with the strategic analytical tools and techniques such as Business Objects, Power BI, VBA, and Excel
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management skills
- Proven track record in the development and delivery of high-quality management information reports from multiple data sources to a wide range of stakeholders both internally and externally
- Experience of providing insightful variance analysis and commentary to drive future strategy and change
- Good personal planning & organisation skills
An outstanding business who have form for investing in and carving a successive career path for individuals, offering unparalleled progression. As Commercial Finance Analyst, this role can add true value whilst engaging with high-level stakeholders. Please get in touch immediately for a detailed overview and chance to be shortlisted.