A multi-award winning manufacturing organisation based in Leeds have retained the services of Gifford and Partners to appoint a new role of Financial Controller. A business that is stooped in heritage and oozes quality, is wanting to appoint a top quartile qualified accountant who will get the opportunity to play a significant role in what can only be described as one of Yorkshire’s gems!
Under the direction of a well-seasoned Finance Director, this role will oversee a small finance team whilst also gaining some top-level exposure. This is not a role for the faint hearted and will be expected to provide strong financial stewardship, insightful commercial information and analysis to key stakeholders within the business and will work amongst a high performing team whilst partnering with the board.
The purpose of the role will be to:
- Working within a fast-paced environment this role will partner with key stakeholders in order to measure and improve commercial drivers
- Using commercial and analysis and advanced excel skills to interrogate data, to gain insight into the business performance
- Helping to identify & improve systems & processes both within Finance and the business as a whole
Key responsibilities will include:
- Management of a small team, overseeing the production and presentation of the management accounts to the board
- Recruitment, mentoring and performance reviews
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Managing relationships with numerous joint ventures (UK and international)
- Management of the property portfolio
- Continual development and adding rigour to the Financial Control and processes through finance
- Investment and project management
- Audit planning, preparation and execution.
- General accounting and advisory support to all aspects of the group.
- Setting up a formal process for detailed Overhead reviews with department heads and operations
- Working with the wider business/operations to implement KPI’s to drive sales performance
Who is this role targeting:
Essentially this role will deliver and strengthen the financial control that operates throughout the business whilst providing a solutions approach to the management team and board. It requires an excellent communicator who is at ease working with both finance and operational heads. The role is targeting a qualified ACMA/ACA/ACCA candidate with an excellent ability to digest information and turn this into usable commercial and performance reporting tools using a mix of financial reporting, financial analysis and excel modelling. This is not a business that will be standing still and will need someone to adopt the same change hungry attitude. Exposure to the manufacturing or retail sector would carry a distinct advantage although is not a pre-requisite for the role.
An excellent role in a business that puts finance at the heart of its operation. Few organisations give as much support and development opportunity in this entrepreneurial led organisation. Supporting this opportunity is a well-remunerated package and an exciting future. A role and business that is certain to deliver great things. There are few privately owned organisations that have such wealth and flexibility to sustain their own future growth and security. Please contact a member of the team at GAP for a consultative overview and chance to be shortlisted.