Gap are partnering with a prestigious employer based in Leeds to appoint a Financial Controller that is capable of adding commercial value and a business partner approach. Working with the senior leadership and board team, this role will look to maximise margin return provide structured operation support and drive pricing strategies. This key appointment will become very visible through the business and will help integrate a new system. Other responsibilities will include and not be limited to:
- Provide support to the various cost centre and operational arms of the business ensuring they are delivering the correct financial management information
- Provide support on future bid and tender work
- Finance Business partnering
- Manage a small finance team
- Investment appraisal
- Understand monthly trading performance and ensuring this is delivered back to the board in a transparent and clear way
Essentially this role is targeting a qualified Financial Controller or Commercial Finance Manager who may want to accelerate their career towards becoming a finance director. It will be a given that you have exemplary communication skills and used to working with operational decision makers and heads with the confidence to push back where the commercials do not come through. Previous exposure to managing a team would be preferred. Few opportunities offer a route to Finance Director in such a commercial way. Shortlisting is taking place over the next week so please get in touch asap for a full consultation and overview.